There are several provincial laws Wine Kitz Burlington must abide by when operating in-store wineries. For instance, staff are not permitted to bottle wine on a customer’s behalf. Wine will be set aside until the customer can come in and bottle it personally.
Laws we must all abide by include:
- Winemakers must be of legal drinking age to use in-store winery services.
- Wine sampling prior to purchase is not permitted.
- Wine sampling prior to bottling (the day of) is limited to 170ml (five ounces) per batch by the winemaker whose name appears on the contract.
- Winemaker’s assistants must be of legal drinking age.
- Exchanging wines on-site with other winemakers is not permitted.
When paying for your kit and the in-store winery fee, you will be asked to sign a bailment contract. For legal purposes, this contract moves ownership of the soon-to-be wine from the store owner to you, and acknowledges that you are making wine for personal use only (not for resale).